I’M A MENTOR NOW! Muahahaha please watch out and take your shoes off before you step inside.
I’m going to interview myself now.
Don’t mind me.
what was your weirdest bookstagram moment?
Mine isn’t as cool or weird as some other people’s, but it’s this: someone DMed me asking “how do you make friends on bookstagram” and then commented on a post saying “check your DMs pls” when I didn’t answer right away. Irony yes!
and the best moment?
AHH WHICH ONE TO CHOOSE??? Happy moments! I like them!
Probably when the accounts that inspired me to pick up bookstagram followed me. Or when smiley boxes come in the mail. (If that’s shallow oops.)
what book(s) did you buy because of bookstagram?
Oh, now this is unfair. I had no idea I could be so cruel to myself.
I never cover-bought books for bookstagram—I have a little bit of dignity left hi—but I did buy some that I discovered through it:
- Throne of Glass
- The Secret History (??? maybe)
- Strange the Dreamer
- My Everyman’s Library edition of Dickinson poetry
- Pretty much every PEL I own haaaaaa
I seem to be doing pretty good actually.
what advice would you give a brand-new bookstagrammer?
HAH let’s make a list, shall we? Color me helpful.
- Just start. Don’t make bookstagram a bigger deal than it is—you don’t have to wait for the perfect moment.
- Forget that numbers eVER EXISTED. It makes life and math a lot more fun.
- Invest as much time in your captions as you put in your photos. Rule of thumb: If someone can get away with reading your caption without knowing you better/interacting with you/being prompted to discussion/laugh, you did something wrong.
- Treasure comments. Reply to them with sincerity. Print them out and use them to smother your enemies. Creativity wins!
- Never stop trying new things. Give that filter a test! Find a new angle! Make your brother become a hand model! The possibilities are endless.
- Always be respectful.
- You don’t have to post every day.
- Never tell your followers to like or comment on a post—just announce that it’s there and let them do their thing.
- Have so much fun your non-nerd friends are jealous.
what’s the best advice you’ve ever received, miss smarty pants?
(Rude.) But it was don’t let your camera limit your creativity. Use that crappy iPod touch camera by golly and drench it in VSCO.
Because I’m sleepy, that’s all I’ve got for now. Consider yourself informed.